Tuesday, February 05, 2008

6th Months Without Jeremy

February 16th will mark the 6th month anniversary since Jeremy's passing. I cannot believe it's been six months already. How is it possible that he could have been gone for 6 months and life is still going on as if nothing has changed? I don't think I'll ever understand that. I still have so many moments when I just want to fall apart. Today all it took was a song on the radio. I was in tears driving home. Going into his room at home seems surreal. My dad has moved his office in there. Jeremy's things are all stored in the closet. There are new windows and several holes in the wall have been patched. It seems as though the signs of his existence are fading away. I know that even though his memory remains, those physical things that he left behind are slowly disappearing. I wish I could change that. I wish I could stop things from changing. I wish that I could keep those who were closest to him from betraying his memory. It seems so unfair to Jeremy, that life will become normal again for those knew him. And it's frightening to me, that life is not ever going to get back to the way it's supposed to be.

2 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

I am so sorry to read about this loss. Your comments and encouragement on the WW board show a strong, loving, inspiring person. I had no idea you had gone through such pain. Please know that others care about you, and may your memories of Jeremy always be a blessing in your life.

Nancy in Denver

Wednesday, March 19, 2008 7:01:00 AM  
Blogger Deborah said...

Those are some great pics! :) I *especially* like the wedding picture! You look beautiful, of course. :)

Friday, April 04, 2008 10:04:00 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home