Saturday, October 06, 2007

Writer's Block?

I feel as though I need to write... It was always a theraputic task for me. When I was leaving Singapore, I used to find whatever scraps of paper I could and sit for hours mentally purging my thoughts onto napkins, papertowels, notebooks, journals, whatever surface I could find. Most of the time it made me feel a little better. It was more of a compulsion than anything else. I didn't write because I wanted to, or because I thought it would help me clear my head. I wrote because if I didn't my head would have imploded from the stress of my thoughts. Today, I feel that way. I feel as though I have to empty my mind of all that is weighing on it, or else my mind will turn in on itself, driving me to the brink of insanity. Okay, so maybe that's a little overdramatic, but I feel overwhelmed by the information stored within. I feel as though I have had to process far more in the last weeks than ought to be humanly possible and I need to get it out. Unfortunately.... My blog does not seem to be the appropriate medium. I hate to disappoint, but I fear some of you would be far more disappointed if I actually shared the thoughts weighing on my heavy heart. Right now, I want more than anything to retreat. I want to hole up for a few days, weeks, months and write. I want to be alone with my thoughts, but I need to purge them from my restless mind. But each time I sit and try to write... nothing comes. I wrestle with emotion, but, can't seem to find the words to rid myself of the feeling. I battle with images, but can't seem to block them from my memory even when I put them in words. I am conflicted, but can't begin to understand the conflict inside of me because it just is not logical. And this is writer's block......

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home